Yes! This bacteria actually does good! Similarly to how probiotics are “good bacteria” for the stomach, this AOB do good for the skin. Now, we understand that the notion of a “harmless bacteria” might be a bit tough to wrap your head around, but follow us here for a minute: AOB are found everywhere in nature and have never been implicated in any human illness over the many decades that they have been researched. If you’ve ever walked barefoot on dirt, swam in a lake or the ocean, you probably emerged refreshed and covered with AOBs. Although our strain is cultured and produced to cosmetic grade quality it has the same safe properties as natural AOB. AO+ Mist is non-pathogenic - i.e. the live bacteria lack the genetic machinery needed to cause infection.
Articles in this section
- Getting Dirty With Our Peacekeeper Bacteria
- Where does the bacteria come from?
- What is the science behind your products?
- Our Research
- Do you test on animals?
- What are AOB?
- How does the AOB in the AO+ Restorative Mist work?
- A Little Dirt Never Hurt Anyone
- Meet Your Skin Biome
- What is AO+ Restorative Mist?