The Nitrosomonas in the AO+ Restorative Mist work by consuming the irritating compounds produced by your skin (like ammonia and urea in sweat), and in turn producing beneficial byproducts. Specifically, Nitrosomonas produce Nitrite and Nitric Oxide. Nitrite tames the bad bacteria and promotes the good bacteria on the skin. Nitric Oxide is a key antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. These two byproducts together do a great deal to help promote healthy skin overall.
Articles in this section
- Getting Dirty With Our Peacekeeper Bacteria
- Where does the bacteria come from?
- What is the science behind your products?
- Our Research
- Do you test on animals?
- What are AOB?
- How does the AOB in the AO+ Restorative Mist work?
- A Little Dirt Never Hurt Anyone
- Meet Your Skin Biome
- What is AO+ Restorative Mist?