This all depends on your personal habits - not just the showering and the products you use, but also the amount you sweat. It’s different for everyone, and we’re still working on defining what a "healthy biome" is. Having a healthy biome is an ongoing process, not simply a destination. We view a “biome-friendly” routine as a two-part process. First is replenishing the beneficial bacteria that we lose naturally on a regular basis (this is what our AO+ Mist does), and the second is making sure that the products we do come into contact with don’t hurt the beneficial bacteria of the skin. The good bacteria of our skin is constantly in flux based on our environment and what we expose it to. Microorganisms are constantly falling off, scrubbing off, and they definitely don't live forever. It's a natural part of the process. For this reason, it's important to replenish. AOB in the Mist (and other good bacteria) don't just grow endlessly. Does this mean you'll always have to use the same amount of AO+ Mist? Not necessarily. Once again, it depends on your personal habits, environment, and routine. We encourage you to experiment and find what works best for you as time goes on.
Articles in this section
- Why we put bacteria back on your skin
- What are AOB?
- What ingredients do you use in your products?
- What is AO+ Mist?
- How do I use the AO+ Mist?
- Temperature and the AO+ Mist
- Will I always have to use this stuff?
- How does the AOB in the AO+ Mist work?
- How sensitive is the microbiome? Will one wash with soap remove my AOB?
- I'm an over-achiever, how can I get the most out of my products?