The truth is that our skin microbiome (like other microbiomes) is a sensitive ecosystem that is constantly evolving. External factors as mild as a hot water shower or as harsh as swimming in a chlorine pool will cause changes in our microbiome. The bacteria in Mother Dirt's AO+ Restorative Mist are very sensitive to conventional soap, which will remove them completely with gentle scrubbing. This is normal and expected. Remember that the body always wants to go back to equilibrium and puts the proper systems in place to do so. Therefore the skin microbiome will recover, especially with the help of the products in our Active Probiotic System. The problems begin when we don’t allow our skin microbiome to recover and return to its natural state of equilibrium.
Articles in this section
- Getting Dirty With Our Peacekeeper Bacteria
- Where does the bacteria come from?
- What is the science behind your products?
- Our Research
- Do you test on animals?
- What are AOB?
- How does the AOB in the AO+ Restorative Mist work?
- A Little Dirt Never Hurt Anyone
- Meet Your Skin Biome
- What is AO+ Restorative Mist?