The truth is that our skin microbiome (like other microbiomes) is a sensitive ecosystem that is constantly evolving. External factors as mild as a hot water shower or as harsh as swimming in a chlorine pool will cause changes in our microbiome. The bacteria in Mother Dirt's AO+ Mist are very sensitive to conventional soap, which will remove them completely with gentle scrubbing. This is normal and expected. Remember that the body always wants to go back to equilibrium and puts the proper systems in place to do so. Therefore the skin microbiome will recover, especially with the help of a biome-friendly routine, which is why we created our biome-friendly Cleanser, Shampoo, Moisturizer, Body Wash and Body Oil. The problems begin when we don’t allow our skin microbiome to recover and return to its natural state of equilibrium.
Articles in this section
- I'd like to subscribe, how do I know which frequency is right for me?
- Why we put bacteria back on your skin
- What are AOB?
- What ingredients do you use in your products?
- What is AO+ Mist?
- How do I use the AO+ Mist?
- Temperature and the AO+ Mist
- Will I always have to use this stuff?
- How does the AOB in the AO+ Mist work?
- How sensitive is the microbiome? Will one wash with soap remove my AOB?