The truth is that our skin microbiome (like other microbiomes) is a sensitive ecosystem that is constantly evolving. External factors as mild as a hot water shower or as harsh as swimming in a chlorine pool will cause changes in our microbiome. The bacteria in Mother Dirt's AO+ Mist are very sensitive to conventional soap, which will remove them completely with gentle scrubbing. This is normal and expected. Remember that the body always wants to go back to equilibrium and puts the proper systems in place to do so. Therefore the skin microbiome will recover, especially with the help of a biome-friendly routine, which is why we created our biome-friendly Cleanser, Shampoo, and Moisturizer. The problems begin when we don’t allow our skin microbiome to recover and return to its natural state of equilibrium.
Articles in this section
- How do I use the AO+ Mist?
- I'm an over-achiever, how can I get the most out of my products?
- Temperature and the AO+ Mist
- Why do I need to refrigerate the AO+ Mist? What about the Shampoo, Cleanser, and Moisturizer?
- How sensitive is the microbiome? Will one wash with soap remove my AOB?
- Do I have to stop showering?
- So, are you saying soap is bad? What about other products?
- What about deodorant?
- What about makeup?
- What about moisturizers?